The TCPOS WEB REPORTING module allows registered users to display statistics and exporting them as PDF files, by simply accessing a web interface through a common browser, with no installation of additional software required.
The server supplying the service works like an Admin, similar to a Windows service running in the background.
Companies provided with this system will benefit of great advantages like:
- Keeping track of relevant data anywhere, anytime by just using a PC connected to the internet
- Displaying relevant information only to authorised users, depending on personal permissions, filtered by the criteria of visibility set by the management
- No need of purchasing Admin licenses for each terminal of the company. (E.G.: In wide catering chains where data are usually stored centrally; the application may be used without installing an Admin on the terminals of each single restaurant where the manager will read on its computer only data of his responsibility)
- Statistics, once exported as PDF files, may be easily printed or distributed by e-mail
- The application allows working both with standard TCPOS reports and customized reports
Note: For a correct functioning of the WEB Reporting Application, you must allow popups for the reporting site on your browser.
The Sample Application
Using the web module from a customer perspective is very straight-forward.
When opening the page, the browser will check if the Silverlight client is already installed. In case it is not, a button will appear to perform the installation.
Once the main page is opened, the login screen is displayed. Login must be executed inserting the personal code and password used also for accessing the Admin application.
Note: In order to simplify this passage, this sample demo skips the login step and the authentication is carried out automatically.
During the login, the system verifies the operator’s permissions, selecting the report he is authorised to access; then, according to his criteria of visibility, different data of the same report will be displayed according to the permissions of each single user (E.G. when executing theArticle analysis, the Swiss area manager sees all articles sold in Switzerland; the Ticino area manager sees only articles sold in the Ticino region but not those sold in the Geneva area, etc.).
After the login, the main Web Reporting page is displayed featuring the list of the available reports.
Once the user selects his choice, a new screen opens, featuring all filters and parameters needed to generate the report.
The parameters are the same visible in Admin and they are instantly converted in a window suitable for the internet, which varies depending on the report.
Note. If a list features multiple choices, if no item is selected, it is considered as if all items within the list.
Once the report is open and the user has selected all necessary parameters, when clicking the “execute report” button, the server application creates the report in .pdf format, looking exactly as it would be displayed in Admin.
By selecting “Back to list”, the user may re-access the initial page featuring the list, and select another report to repeat the operation.